Search This Blog

Friday, November 16, 2012

The BIG Turkey Day


I have to tell you, I am so excited for Thanksgiving! Not because of the turkey, or the stuffing, or the yummy potatoes (my waistline grew an inch just thinking about it). It is because I get to spend it with my best friend. I have spent countless holidays without him, so any holiday we do get to spend together I feel so blessed.


At the beginning of this year, Nate and I decided to start a new adventure. He had a job opportunity in the Twin Cities area, and we saw this as a chance to grow closer together as a family (since we've spent almost half our 7 year marriage apart). Don't cry for me though, we all have our own challenges, and this has been ours. I wouldn't trade it for anything because I might not have learned the same lessons I did. Luckily, I'm able to look back fondly at all our struggles and see the good in all the chaos. 

So back to the story...before we packed up our car with ourselves, our kitty named Joey, essentials for 2 weeks (we had to wait for the movers) and our TV of all things (Nate's idea) we had decided we would come back to Utah in May for my sisters graduation, and for Christmas. Hooray! I was excited.

Both our families live in Utah, and we have spent every holiday with one or the others families. We love having such tight knit families that we get along with (for the most part). But we are also very excited to make our own traditions, memories, and favorite family recipes. So bring on the BIG Turkey Day! I have much to be thankful for and will be enjoying every minute of it.

What are your favorite Thanksgiving traditions? 


No comments:

Post a Comment